Season Of Shadows Past

Oh, Shadow how you have followed me. 
As seasons change and days go by,
The limbs of this tree have twisted. 
The leaves have died, been born again
frozen, dried and brought to life each day
with the sweet morning dew. 

Through all of this Shadow you been faithful
Like a follow of the Lord. 
We have been parted over these years, 
As I looked over my shoulder there you were. 
Always with an enigmatic smile. 

This season after I have returned 
Only to find my Shadow reborn. 
Now my Shadow is leading me
and I am now your shadow. 

Light has dawned over us this past season
Illuminating our lives, our world, our hearts,
I have found you, you have found me
Now we can walk hand in hand, equals
Not followers anymore, leaders. 
Leaders of this new season. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunshine

Leviathan

Crashing...