Leviathan

Walking down the city streets
I am revisited by ghosts crashing into me
Tears fall, teeth clench, heart burns.
Ancient scars rise from skin,
For all the world to see.
Frantically closing these wounds
The seams have come undone, the chest has been unlocked.
The key is forever lost, lost at sea.
Humanity was lost during those years,
An animal was awakened, unleashed on the world.
It rose from the sea, relentless, evil.
Somewhere lost in the crimson caverns
I wandered, wandered helplessly.
Watching the carnage the God let loose on the world,
Hate spewed from the serpents mouth,
Uncontrollable desires from its fangs.
It tought the world to live in uncertainty, fear.
She set the serpent free from its lair,
She raised it, nurtured it, fed it.
She caressed it, loved it, hated it,
She couldnt control it, I ended it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunshine

Crashing...